Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Eddie

I found it suitable to write about Eddie on the first day of "February of Love" because Eddie is the first boy who I ever felt those kind of feelings for . I was 13 and he was 15, he was a Gemini like me, he had beautiful green eyes and this amazing confidence which I admired so much. When we first met we were watching "Faces of Death" with a few of our friends. At that time (for some bizarre reason) I really loved cows, and Eddie knew this. There was a REALLY graphic scene showing some kind of guillotine machine that chopped cows in two, making their intestines pour out like spagetti! When this scene came on I let out a disturbed gasp. Eddie looked over at me, placed his hands over my eyes, and held me. Even a 13 year old me could appreciate  that sweet gesture. From that moment on I would love that boy for the rest of my life. I kissed Eddie for the first time that day; Who knew Faces of Death and guillotines could be so romantic. Ha.

Sadly, Eddie  was also the first boy to introduce me to the cruel dark world of rejection. Some of you have known me long enough to remember this ordeal. Since he was older than me, Eddie started hanging out with the "cool kids" and it was only a matter of time before he decided to date the "older" "cooler" chicks. Of course, when these girls broke his heart he always came back to me.  I was his "constant", while all the other girls came and went I was always there, which made me feel that we had something special (that didn't involve sex). This back and forth hurt me more than you could imagine, but I felt that my patience and loyalty would pay off eventually. Here is the really sad part ….. it  never did. He ended up losing his virginity to some "older" "cooler" chick in the bathroom of a park. That Bitch. 

Eddie ended up moving away when I was 16, It took me 2 years to get over him leaving. You never forget your first love, no matter how horrifying the experience was. I still  wonder what he's up to and think of him every year on his birthday. Recently , through the wonders of Facebook we have reconnected.... he tells me that I have been in his thoughts these past 9 years as well, and would LOVE to see me! We're making plans to meet over coffee and rekindle our undying childhood love!


Nah. I made that last part up.....wouldn't that be CUTE, though!? Yeeeaa.....

3 comments:

  1. LMAO...I love the ending.

    ...and they lived happily ever after.

    THE END

    ReplyDelete