Sunday, January 23, 2011

Blog Review: Damn Interesting

I just read a post on "Damn Interesting" and boy, was it! Who would have thought!? The article was about the time of lucidity in decapitated heads.  Apparently, you experience almost 30 seconds of lucidity when your head is removed. That is way too long, if you ask me. The post accounted a few instances in history (when we still did such things) where in some cases the subject would respond by blinking. They were also able to focus their eyes, move their mouths, and change facial expressions up to 30 seconds  after the beheading. Imagine watching such a thing...how freaky and surreal!

Taken directly from the post: 
"A more recent account tells of an accidental decapitation in an automobile. In 1989, a U.S. Army veteran who served in the Korean war was riding in a taxi with a friend when it collided with a truck. The witness was pinned to his seat, and the friend was decapitated by the collision:
"My friend’s head came to rest face up, and (from my angle) upside-down. As I watched, his mouth opened and closed no less than two times. The facial expressions he displayed were first of shock or confusion, followed by terror or grief. I cannot exaggerate and say that he was looking all around, but he did display ocular movement in that his eyes moved from me, to his body, and back to me. He had direct eye contact with me when his eyes took on a hazy, absent expression . . . and he was dead."
Crazy, though, right!? Anyway, back to the review....Any site that you can go to and click on the "Random Article" button and come across THAT is worth frequenting! Check out DamnInteresting.com !


Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment