Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Fuck You, 2010

You know folks....I grew up with a hyper superstitious mother. She once told me:
"If you own ANYTHING depicting the Mona Lisa, you will never get married. A single woman should not own anything with the Mona Lisa on it!".
Because of this woman's obvious influence in my life, I immediately trashed my super awesome  Mona Lisa beaded curtain. I have no clue where she got her superstitions from.... It's almost as if she picked things at random. Maybe she just did it to amuse herself, or perhaps as part of some elaborate psychological mind game and I was her very own test subject. Maybe while I slept she secretly put me in a MRI and studied how telling me such thing affected my Amygdala. Maybe my mother was a genius!? Maybe the fear of incidentally coming to own something with Mona Lisa on it has altered the way I process things!? Maybe Santa really isn't constantly monitoring me from the AC vents!?!..... I HATE YOU MOTHER!

Anyway, another thing this woman (bag of crazy) instilled in me is the belief that however you choose to spend your New Years Eve is how you will spend the rest of the following year. Last year .....eeeesh lets not go there. Anyway, make sure you spend your NYE somewhere safe and surrounded by awesome people that make you feel loved. To: Tanya, Patty, GC, Ronald, Justin, Esteban, Ava, Ana, Bryan, Mario, Henry, and Laurie :
I love you guys, cheers to 2011!


To everyone else, be safe, have a prosperous New Year and make sure to stop if you hit someone while driving. Fleeing the scene seems to be growing in popularity in Miami and that's just sad.  Yea...leave it to me to end on a downer like that.

UNICORNS!
there, that's better...

3 comments:

  1. lol I loveee you Ing! You mean the world to me <3
    2011 will bring you better things xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3

    Should old acquaintance be forgot,
    and never brought to mind?
    Should old acquaintance be forgot,
    and old lang syne?

    ReplyDelete
  3. love you too, buttercup <3

    She's just a superstitious Cuban woman...

    My grandmother was a lot like that...god bless her soul <333

    ReplyDelete