Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Ukraine to Poland to Miami

Yes, this beautiful china cabinet has done more traveling than I have. My little corner has gone through various changes since I moved in. I had been looking for a very specific book shelf with glass doors... I hadnt been able to find the perfect piece, SO IT FOUND ME! Yes ladies and gentlmen, check out my new china cabinet, curio, armoire, shelf thingie,whatever you want to call it. I like to call it "Carl The Traveling Curio"....thats not  true I dont call it that at all....

I have been asked to do the interiors of a flowershop. So I have been perusing Craigslist and all the second hand stores from Palmetto Bay to Hallandale to find the perfect items for the "Shabby Chic" decor. I came across this big  guy from Craigslist, but when I saw him in person I realized that it would be a crime to paint over his beautiful varnished wood. I instantly fell for the well crafted piece of furniture and decided to buy him for myself and bring him home. "They dont make them like this anymore" said the previous owner, and he is right.


As seen on the Outsapop blog, I decided to make the left shelves a display for all my accessories. I layed out all my stuff,  boutique style, inside the case. I see myself growing sick of it within the next month, but for now it works, and its better than how they previously were, which was in complete disarray.

Hope you enjoyed this peek into my curio :)

3 comments: