Saturday, October 2, 2010

I love : Damien Hirst

Maybe I'm not cool enough or something, but this is the first I hear or see of Damien Hirst's work. He's very well known for bedazzling a human skull with diamonds (asking price 100 million) but I have just fallen in love with his taxidermy animals in boxes! Hell yea! (By the way, as of right now, that is what I would like to have done to my skull when I die) They remind me of that scene in The Cell....if you have seen the Cell you know what I'm talking about.....If not....go watch The Cell. The femaldehyde filled boxes are so beautiful and surreal, I would love one in my home if I was filthy rich and had the space.... but in not.... I'll have to settle for jackelopes and bugs for now. My favorite is the one above. Damien, where have you been all my life? I'm your newest fan!






2 comments: