Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Friends That Inspire DIY

On Monday night, my friend Ana and I were talking about steam punk, and tribal wear. After our lengthy chat, I was inspired to create this DIY leather cuff bracelet as a gift from me to her! Nothing says I love you like a custom handmade accessory.

How I made it....
The cool thing about leather is that you can cut it and it doesn't fray, so you don't have to worry about sewing the edges like you do with Fabric. I'm lazy, so this makes me really happy. I had some scraps of this awesome upholstery leather. I cut the leather into a piece roughly 3.5 in x 5 in, added 6 rivets on each side to create the cool corset closure (say THAT 5 times). I then added the 6 pyramid studs (which was a mission because it was hard to get them through that leather).Finally I added 2 more rivets to hang the chains from and inserted a braided string to complete the project, which only took me about an hour.

1 comment: