Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I love: Baudelaire

It seems like aeons ago when Bard told me about his favorite poet and sent me a poem to read, "To a Madonna", I instantly fell in love with Baudelaire.....Thank You , Bard :)

I bought "The Flowers of Evil" a while back and now Im waiting for "Paris Spleen"......although I should admit I have already been reading bits online....

"Dissatisfied with everything, dissatisfied with myself, I long to redeem myself and to restore my pride in the silence and solitude of the night. Souls of those whom I have loved, souls of those whom I have sung, strengthen me, sustain me, keep me from the vanities of the world and its contaminating fumes; and You, dear God! grant me grace to produce a few beautiful verses to prove to myslef that I am not the lowest of men, that I am not inferior to those whom I despise."


"Wincing isnt mentioned by the romantic poets!" (Peepshow)
I'm pretty sure it is...hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment